Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gutz to be Traded: Full Updates Coming Soon

Well, I was going to have a piece about Kerry Wood go up tonight. At least until I got severely distracted by a three team deal involving Cleveland, Seattle, and the Mets. Nothing has been finalized yet, but word on the street has Franklin Gutierrez going to Seattle, while Cleveland will receive reliever Joe Smith from New York and 22 year old second baseman Luis Valbuena from Seattle. Here's what the deal looks like as of 11:00pm:

Mets get: pitchers J.J. Putz and Sean Green, outfielder Jeremy Reed

Mariners get: outfielders Franklin Gutierrez and Endy Chavez, pitcher Aaron Heilman, first baseman Mike Carp

Indians get: pitcher Joe Smith, second baseman Luis Valbuena

I found this information on beatwriter Anthony Castrovince's blog, which tends to be a pretty reliable source for Tribe transactions.

Like I said, this deal is not final yet and the players may not land in the exact places listed above. I just wanted to get something posted tonight, so there ya go.

I'll be taking a closer look at the Kerry Wood signing, this trade, and the free agent infielders in my next few posts, so remember to check back later.

No comments: